Pages

Subscribe Twitter

Monday, March 14, 2011

Manic Monday

oh boy! So, as a tax accountant I get my taxes in as soon as I can so I don't have to worry about them any longer than I need to. So I've been patiently awaiting our refund and I finally check the "Where's my Refund?" program on the IRS website today. Apparently there is a 6-8 week delay on my return because they haven't updated their system for repaying homebuyer credits. Grr... so needless to say it has been a Manic Monday! But enough personal stuff. I've been listening to "The Smiths" station on Pandora the past few days and ahhh.. I don't know if I can get any closer to musical nirvana. I really love 80s new wave. So all of my songs today are some fabulous covers of 80s songs. Enjoy!

Lacuna Coil-Enjoy The Silence
Originally by Depeche Mode (whom I absolutely freakin adore!) I think I just lovelovelove this song. It plucks the soul strings for me.. can't really explain it.

Deftones- Please Please Please Let Me Get I Want
Originally by The Smiths. Ahh, I love Chino's voice...

Marilyn Manson-Tainted Love
Originally by Soft Cell. I have to admit, Marilyn Manson awakes the inner freak in me. (Don't be so shocked, you know you have one too!) I'm not a big fan of him personally but he has done some truly amazing covers.

2 comments:

StyleIDnet said...

I hope I don't have to wait too long for my tax return, I filed like 2 weeks ago ... so many cute things out there for spring that I really want that check.
I love 'Enjoy the Silence' love it. I gets me into a melancholic mood but a good melancholic mood .....

http://styleidnet.blogspot.com/
http://www.filomenascloset.com/

vivi said...

i've never listened to this Marilyn Manson cover before, but i really like it! although i love most the original song by Soft Cell. :):)

I like also Lacuna Coils, they're italian but almost no one knows them here in italy. it is weird, isn't it?:)

x
V.

Post a Comment