Pages

Subscribe Twitter

Sunday, March 13, 2011

From My Stovetop to Yours

How was everyone's weekend? Ours was fabulously low-key and we are going to be making this yummy dish for my family this evening!

White Chicken Lasagna
Serves 4-6

Ingredients:
8 oz lasagna noodles
Two (2) 10 oz cans of Cream of Chicken Soup
One (1) cup grated Parmesan Cheese
One (1) cup finely chopped white onion
Half (1/2) tsp garlic salt
Half (1/2) tsp minced garlic
One (1) tsp butter
Three (3) cups diced, cooked chicken
(1 breast=1 cup)
Two (2) cups shreeded American cheese
(use slices and break them up)
Additional parmesan cheese for topping

Directions:
Dice chicken breasts and onion. Cook together in skillet with butter and minced garlic. Cook lasagna (if necessary). Blend soups, parmesan cheese, sour cream, and garlic salt in a large mixing bowl. Stir in cooked chicken and onions.

To assemble- spray pan with nonstick cooking spray. Alternate layers of lasagna, chicken mixture, American cheese. Do this three (3) times, ending with American cheese. Cover and refrigerate until ready to cook.

Cooking-Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Uncover and sprinkle generously with parmesan cheese. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45-50 minutes. Let stand ten (10) minutes before serving.

The Fabulous Way
My husband adds a tsp of cajun seasoning and instead of using two cans of Cream of Chicken, he uses one can and then one jar of Alfredo sauce. Its DELICIOUS! I love being married to an Italian :)

2 comments:

StyleIDnet said...

That sounds like delicious! I have not been lucky preparing lasagna (last time my refractory exploded) but my friend is awesome at this so will get her in the kitchen with me for your recipe. No way I am missing it.

http://styleidnet.blogspot.com/
http://www.filomenascloset.com/

erika sorocco said...

Mmmm...this sounds scrummy. I have never before attempted lasagna - maybe the time has come to do so!! :)

Post a Comment