Pages

Subscribe Twitter

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Trending Now

The great thing about fashion is that it is interchangeable. You can mix designers, wear a high fashion item with a no-label staple, or even wear items from a different time. I have many pieces in my own closet that are over 10 years old because I know at one point the trend will be recycled. 2010 had a resurgence of the 80s whereas 2011 seems to be all about the 70s and 90s. One of the big trends of the 90s that I remember is floral prints and this Spring is all about stopping to smell the roses! Or tulips, or daisies.. I think you get the point. So here are some of my favorite picks from the bouquet:

Floral Polka Dot Dress from GoJane
I really like this dress from GoJane because it is more conservative and subdued in regards to the floral aspect (plus it has polka dots!). I could easily wear this to work with tights and flats. I could dress it up for date-night with sky high pumps and dramatic makeup or keep it low-key for a shopping date with the girls by wearing sandals and a straw hat. The possibilities are endless!


Again, I really enjoy the subtlety of the trend. I also love how this tunic has a bit of an exotic vibe to it. I myself would not be daring enough to wear it alone but it is an option. Or if you are more body conscious like me, some leggings or skinny jeans with wedge sandals or pumps would really complete this look. The one nice thing about the floral trend is there is not much need for accessories.

But if you don't want to overload on the trend and do just want to incorporate it into your accessories, Etsy has a wide array of floral jewelry such as this gorgeous ring:


And there is an over abundance of scarves and headbands at many of the retail chains such as Forever 21, Charlotte Russe and H&M.

So will you be wearing your favorite flowers come spring? Or will you leave it all to nature?

Thanks to GoJane, Forever 21 and Etsy for the pictures!

0 comments:

Post a Comment