Pages

Subscribe Twitter

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Thrift Store Finds

In the past year, I have been fortunate enough to have worked with the very talented Steve Maisch of Steve Maisch Photography. We have done two shoots together and both were a lot of fun. At our last shoot, I had mentioned to Steve that my favorite aspect of photoshoots is the styling. And he and his wife expressed that they had always wanted to send someone into a thrift store to pick out wardrobe for photoshoots on a limited budget. So, lo and behold, they gave me the challenge of picking 2-3 outfits on a $25 budget. At first I thought there was no way I could successfully complete this. But with the help of my mother in law, we scoured the racks of a local thrift store for hours and ended up with a plastic bag full of MULTIPLE outfits for $23.85-- yep always the frugal accountant :) Here you can see the fruits of my labor:

1. This is very "Clueless" but I was inspired by the recent trend of cut off tops and tweed. The pink top was $1.50 and the tweet skirt was $2.50 As you can see, the model Whitney modeled them beautifully.

 2. We found this gorgeous faux fur wrap for $8! Steve always like to have an outfit that is on the sexier side and I envisioned exactly this.
Overall, I think everyone involved was extremely pleased with the results and Steve still has multiple outfits to use from my one shopping trip. This challenge has inspired me to make regular trips to the thrift store to see what fashion treasures I can find for myself or my fashion community.

For more information on Steve Maisch Photography please follow his blog at http://www.stevemaischphotography.blogspot.com/ or visit his website at http://www.stevemaisch.com/

Thanks Steve for the pictures!

0 comments:

Post a Comment