Pages

Subscribe Twitter

Monday, May 30, 2011

Manic Monday

And indeed it is.. I'm sure many of us Americans are either at a barbecue at the moment or are heading to one (which I will be once my husband is FINALLY  ready to go!) hehe.. so in honor of Memorial Day, my songs this week are patriotic or culturally American in some way.

Estelle f/Kanye West- American Boy
They played this a lot in Italy, believe it or not, and this is my husband's ringtone when he calls me :)

Bruce Springsteen- Born in the USA
Mr. Springsteen and I share the same birthday :)

Jay-Z f/Alicia Keys- Empire State of Mind
Some would argue that New York is the best city in the world. Many would argue its the best city in the United States. I would argue that I need to visit SOON!

Hope you all are enjoying the long weekend! Thanks to YouTube for the videos!

2 comments:

StyleIDnet said...

I don't know what to say about these songs ...... I love them all and have special and happy memories with each one of them.
I love the that deep, sexy tone of voice of Bruce Springsteen, Estelle is on my workout playlist since when it was released and Alicia Keys is my favorite!! this song and 'sleeping with a broken heart' are my favs.
Happy holiday and THANKS for great music post.

http://styleidnet.blogspot.com/
http://www.filomenascloset.com/

erika sorocco said...

I wouldn't mind a trip to NYC myself right about now - love it! :)

Post a Comment