Pages

Subscribe Twitter

Sunday, April 3, 2011

From My Stovetop to Yours

I'm going to start off this post by saying that I am NOT a vegetarian. I applaud those of you who have chosen that path but I would hope that as I respect your lifestyle, in turn you will respect mine. Many of my recipes include meat so if you find that incredibly offensive, I would unfortunately advise you to stear clear of my Sunday posts.

Moving on, today I bring you yet another Weight Watchers recipe. (What can I say? They're delicious AND diet friendly!) We tried this for the first time this week and mmmm... yum yum yum!!!

Filet Mignon with Bearnaise Sauce
PointsPlus Value: 6
Servings: 4
Ingredients:
1/2 tsp table salt, or to taste, divided
1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, or to taste, divided
1 pound(s) Beef, filet mignon, trimmed, raw, use four 4 oz pieces
2 spray(s) cooking spray
1 large egg yolk(s)
1 Tbsp water
2 1/3 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 Tbsp chives, and/or parsley, fresh, minced.

Instructions
Rub 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper all over steak.

Coat a grill pan with cooking spray; set over medium-high heat. Heat pan until it's almost smoking and sizzles when water is dropped onto pan surface.

Place steak on pan and cook, without turning, about 5 minutes. Flip steak; cook about 4 to 6 minutes more for medium doneness.

Remove steak to a cutting board and loosely cover with aluminum foil; let rest for at least 10 minutes (steak will continue to cook under foil)

Meanwhile, to make sauce, bring a small saucepan one-third filled with water to a boil (creating a double boiler). In a metal bowl, beat egg yolk with 1 tablespoon room temperature water until frothy; set bowl over saucepan and cook, stirring constantly, until egg yolk thickens, about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove egg yolk from heat; slowly whisk in melted butter until well combined. Stir in lemon juice and remaining salt and black pepper; whisk in fresh herbs. Serve steak with sauce. Yields about 3 oz of steak and 1 tablespoon of sauce per serving.

Note: Make sure you have all the ingredients prepped and ready before you start making the sauce.

**I would definitely recommend having everything prepped or a friend/significant other help as I found this easier as a 2 person recipe. For a side, we cooked potatoes, onion and zucchini in a skillet for 10 minutes.

Thanks to Weight Watchers for the picture and recipe!

2 comments:

StyleIDnet said...

don't tell me that, what looks like, a delicious meal, so juicy and provocative is, on top of all diet friendly? ... just by reading at the ingredients I can guess it is yummy.
Thanks for sharing :)
have a happy Sunday.

http://styleidnet.blogspot.com/
http://www.filomenascloset.com/

erika sorocco said...

This looks magical! :)

Post a Comment