Pages

Subscribe Twitter

Monday, June 20, 2011

Manic Monday

As I'm getting ready for a weekend in Memphis, I decided to dedicate this weekend posts to the late, great Johnny Cash who as many know got his start in Memphis.

Johnny Cash-Ring of Fire
I love, love, love this song! And I love the scene in "Walk the Line" when June Carter Cash writes the lyrics for it. Such a moving story!

Johnny Cash-When the Man Comes Around
This song reminds me of the remake of "Dawn of the Dead" which scared the hell out of me.

Johnny Cash-Hurt
I cannot get through this song without crying. It is so haunting as he made this video mere months before he passed. Such an awesome cover to an awesome Nine Inch Nails song.

Hope everyone has a great week!


2 comments:

StyleIDnet said...

Yes, the video [hurt] is melancholic and the tone of the song really gets to you.....
I have made it a 'plan' to come every day and leave your music as a back ground, its funny but that 'Voices Carry' is like my new hymn. ... I know, I should just download it :)

http://styleidnet.blogspot.com/
http://www.filomenascloset.com/

erika sorocco said...

This is the first time I'm hearing Johnny Cash, and I love it! :)

Post a Comment